Description of the project (KA2 Erasmus Strategic Partnership Project)
COPE is complementary with the E2MP project and is developed by the same consortium. While E2MP trains youth managers, COPE trains young people, both projects target young people with fewer opportunities directly or indirectly .
COPE’s rationale is focused on two key elements of the EU policies: social inclusion and unemployment amongst youth with fewer opportunities.
COPE can be considered as one of the EU’s affirmations’ solution: “Young people need the opportunity to develop the skills and competences which will help them to find their place in the labour market and in society as a whole.”
COPE aims to:
- Connect young people in Europe with the aim of increasing social inclusion, promoting EU values, diversity, acceptance and inter-cultural and social dialogue.
- COPE encourages youth to support their peers in need through volunteering and learning exchanges.
- Fight against long-term work/training inactivity.
- Increase the basic skills of young people with fewer opportunities through simplified training and peer learning;
- Connect young people with fewer opportunities with job centres and inform them about projects such as; European job support and initiatives
- Make Erasmus+ accessible to everyone and motivate young people with fewer opportunities to take part in a mobility project with the aim of:
- Increasing the employability and social skills of young people with fewer opportunities;
- Decreasing the fears young have about mobility through guidance.
Young people including young people with fewer opportunities in Europe
- Training kit
- Introduction to European Union and international mobility grants
- What do I need to know when preparing my departure
- Online platform for youth – OPY